Friday, August 29, 2008

About Me

I'm loud, rude, crude and obnoxious. I like to swill cheap beer outta cans and piss outside. I drink like a fish and have a mouth like a sailor. I've been told I'm a little rough around the edges... as if that's a bad thing.

That's the current "About Me" on my MySpace profile. Of course, it was written years ago, when I was a ruthless wild child. That was long before the responsible parent that I am today showed her face. Its funny how quickly life changes. What once was so important hardly matters at all now.

If I were to rewrite that "About Me" today, it might read something like this:

My family means the world to me. My son is my hero and the strongest person I know. I'm lucky enough to be married to a kind and brilliant man who loves old cars. I enjoy all sports, both playing and watching, but now I only have time for the watching. I know more about congenital heart defects than most medical professionals and have spent a lot of time in hospitals lately. My interests include updating my "mommy blog" and taking pictures of my family. In the near future I hope to buy a house with a yard and garage in the suburbs and spend as much time with my family as possible.

I never thought in a million years a paragraph like this would describe me, but now that it does, I can't imagine it not. Life before my family was a blast, but life with them is more rewarding than I could have ever imagined.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hi Amy! It was so nice to see you guys this weekend! It is funny how profiles change. But you know Jake does have a CB's onesie- I don't think your 'wild child' is completely gone. She'll always be a part of you in there somewhere! Props to you for being able to piss outside at one point- I swear I'd make a total mess if I ever tried to do that. Or probably pull a muscle somehow...

Blanket said...

it's mara! I remember reading that myspace "about me" before i came to work with you and thinking "uh-oh..."

love the blog and the bug.