Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hair Loss


I'm loosing my hair. It's coming out in handfuls. Fortunately, I have enough hair to fill any spandex metal band from the 80s with envy so I'm not worried about going bald. Still I'm a little concerned. They say this happens after pregnancy, but I can pin it almost to the day I decided to dye my hair black with copper streaks. I was trying to look more rock-n-roll and less 35 year old mom and now i'm paying with hairloss!

Jake is also loosing his hair. Three weeks of laying on his back in the hospital have worn him a bald spot to rival an old man's. It will grow back as soon as he starts sitting up.

Jake had so much hair when he was born. It stuck straight up.

I used to like to slick it up into a fauxhawk. I would tell everyone, "oh it just does that on its own.", but truthfully, I would make it stick up on purpose.


Sometimes it looked like he was showing early signs of male pattern baldness.

But soon enough he started growing in new permanant hair.
Soon it became too long to wear in a fauxhawk... Or the devil lock.

Most of his newborn hair has been replaced by his new permanant hair It's not as wild as it was but it's still adorable. He can't always be the hipster baby with a fauxhawk in a black onesie. Sometimes it's nice to brush his hair and have him look like a normal little boy.

No comments: