Sunday, August 3, 2008

March to the Barch

I have this great memory from when I was like five years old. I was playing in the backyard at my Aunt Jo's house with my sister Dana and cousins Carrie and Carla. For some reason, one of us had the idea to get underneath a sleeping bag and to march around the yard chanting, "March. March. March to the Barch." What is the "Barch"? No idea, but it sure was fun when I was five.

Jake loves to flail and kick his legs whenever he's happy or excited. I told Greg the "March to the Barch" story and now we sing the chant to Jake when ever his legs get moving. It's even expanded into calling him our little "Barch Marcher". So it goes when you become a parent and you find yourself not only making up pointless songs, but also using pointless words.

Here's our little "Barch Marcher" in action. Oh and stay tuned to the end of the video for a special treat as Jake's excitement gets the best of him.

No comments: