Saturday, August 16, 2008

Smile!

When Jake first started to smile, we exhausted ourselves trying to catch one on camera. We'd sit there for extended periods of time tickling and rubbing his belly, talking in that sing-song parent voice trying to get him to smile. We were so excited when we finally caught him in the act!


Jake smiled consiously this morning for the first time since his arrest! I have been trying to get him to smile for days, nuzzling his cheeks and singing my "Mommy loves Jake" song to him. Leave it to the doctor shining a flashlight in his eyes to do the trick! I walked away from his bedside for one moment, just as he cracked a smile. He gave me a smile the morning after his arrest, while he was still totally out of it. It was as if to say, "Don't worry mommy, I'm going to be ok." When he did that and opened his eyes, I knew he was in there and that he would be smiling again very soon.

No comments: