Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Little Boy

There's just something about this picture that I love, and I think I've just figured out what it is. Jake looks like such a little boy here, no longer my little baby, my little boy!


I always look at Jake and say, "you'll never be this small again". And yes, just like every normal parent, that makes me a little sad.

I read a comment on another "heart mom" blog recently that said the time other people spend lamenting the fact that their babies are growing up they have spent hoping their baby would get to grow up. I understand this, but honestly, I have never ever felt this. I've never had any doubt that Jake would get to grow up - to have his first day of school, learn to ride a bike, skin his knees, shed some tears, make friends, get in fights, fall in love, have his heart broken, talk back to us.... I can imagine Jake's future with us, and to me, it looks very bright.

I look at my little boy now and think about how grown up he already is, how much he's already had to endure in his short life, and how much he's already taught us. I look at him in awe and I just know my little boy will go on to do more great and wonderful things. He is truly our hero.

No comments: