Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photo Blog

I posted a new photo blog of Jake's last hospital stay and open heart surgery on Flickr. You can check it out here.

I know some people question why I take and share these pictures. Sometimes I question if I should do so myself. I've heard a few people say they can't stand to look at them. The thing is, when I look at them, I don't see an awful picture of a baby recovering from heart surgery. I see my son. If we were at home without these health problems we'd be taking pictures of our pride and joy everyday. These are our baby pictures. These are our everyday pictures.

Look at how proud Greg and I are in the picture below.


This was taken when Jake was two days old, after his first catheterization (not counting the one he had while still a fetus). We don't see the wires, the tubes, or how puffy Jake looks. We don't see the high-tech equipment supporting him. We see our son and think he's beautiful. This is why I take pictures of Jake in the hospital.

No comments: