Monday, April 6, 2009

Present and Future Posts on the Past


I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long... (see previous post!)

It's true, I've lost momentum. Blame it on being overworked and overtired. Blame it on stress. Blame it on moving and unpacking, and getting my house in order (oh, yeah, we moved to the burbs and bought a house - details to come in a future post, or not). Blame it on wanting to spend my idle time spending time with Jake. Blame it on spending my idle time watching American Idol. Blame it on Facebook. Blame it on the rain that was slowly falling. Whatever the reason, it would seem that my daily schedule and motivation are not aligning to send me to the computer to update this here blog. Do I feel guilty? Hell yeah I do.

For now, I'm going to work on backtracking a bit to cover all the milestones and pitfalls we've had over the past few months. There's been a-plenty of both.


Merry Christmas

Christmas is my favorite holiday. At one time I tried to make myself sound cooler by falsely claiming New Years was my celebration of choice. Afterall, that fit in better with my party-girl image. But who was I kidding. How can you compare blowing a few horns and maybe kissing someone at midnight with presents? C'mon, presents! There's not much competition, is there.

In keeping true to my well intentioned philosophy of indoctrinating my beliefs upon my child, I went out and purchased this lovely onesie for his Christmas photos:


By the way, did I mention that Jake is half Jewish? Regardless, Christmas calls for celebration. Decorating, presents, food, and more food. And then, more food. My Aunt Jo makes three dinners for Christmas - Egg drop soup, followed by ravioli, meatballs and sausage, followed by smoked ham and turkey - a sort of deconstructed Turduckin, but better . But before we even get to that three dinners for one, there's Christmas Eve and The Feast of the Seven Fishes - not one, not two.... but SEVEN different seafood dishes. And then there's the appetizers and desserts and cookies and cookies and desserts... It's insane. The first time Greg came home with me he went and laid down on the couch away from everyone. When I went in to check on him he said he just couldn't be around food anymore.

However, this year we're staying home. It's just too early to travel with Jake. It's too close to his surgery and there's just too much at risk. While I'm sad and will miss my family, I must admit that there is something special about spending tour first holiday with just the three of us.

I'm looking forward to presents and to giving Jake lots and lots of presents for many years to come.




No comments: